I work with:
- Small and mid-size companies to write communications and content marketing materials that share their unique offerings and expertise, build relationships with potential clients, and generate leads and sales.
- Mid-sized and larger organizations to help develop communications plans and materials in support of major change initiatives.
- Educational institutions and companies to translate expertise into executive development courses.
Unlike most business writers, I bring:
- A PhD in strategic management.
- 15 years of change consulting experience.
- 6 years experience teaching in a leading MBA program.
I don’t take my writing for granted, but invest in learning from professionals in the field. Recent courses taken include American Writers and Artists Inc.’s: B2B Copywriting Intensive Workshop; and Accelerated Program for Six-Figure Copywriting.
So what does this mean for YOU? You can expect:
- An informed, multi-level perspective across a range of industries and business challenges.
- A mature business person, who can be trusted interacting with your executives, customers and employees.
- A collaborative thought partner, accustomed to adding value through the discussion, planning and writing processes.
- Highly developed abilities to conduct research and synthesize ideas, bringing compelling evidence and new insights to your written materials.
- Versatility in writing across a range of purposes and voices.
- Current understanding of business writing best practices.
- Meticulous attention to quality of work and deadlines, with no babysitting required.
The secret to Katy’s writing isn’t the sentence construction or vocabulary (which are first-rate), but her ability to put herself in the shoes of her audience. This allows her to translate complex ideas into simple images and memorable language — whether she’s writing for business, academic, or personal purposes. The added bonus is that Katy is a pleasure to work with, always reliable, and maintains the highest possible professional standards. She’s got a rare combination of skills and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her for just about any writing project. – Ron Ashkenas, Senior Partner, Schaffer Consulting